HOME » NEWS » BLOGS » FORUMS » CHAT » YOUR PRIVACY » RANDOM BLOG

Shy, my lady in waiting

June 19, 2011

After coming from seeing Dr. Pam yesterday she gave me the green light to up Shy’s meds.  I have struggled with Shy this morning, trying and trying to get her to take her medicine.  As I watch her constant pacing and her anxiety as she tears apart the bedding, I have come to the most heartbreaking realization.

I was going to give her another week, up her doses, keep trying.  But my girl seems to be telling me she doesn’t want it this way.  Dementia is a bane, it is awful, it is stealing my precious puppy of 13 and 1/2 years.  I am going to call the vet in the morning, tomorrow is her last day.

Please everyone picture her going safe to the otherside, where she will find her mom again, my Jazzy, and all of our family that has gone before.  Picture her surrounded in golden light, safe, loved, released from this confusion.  Pray for my special friend.

Elizabeth

13 Responses to “Shy, my lady in waiting”

1. Leslie said:

Elizabeth, I’m so sorry for what you and Shy are facing. I was so hopeful that the meds would help Shy, as everyone else was. It doesn’t seem fair that it hasn’t worked.
    I’ll pray she finds her Mom. But, Jazzy, isn’t that the dog that helped you get puppy Sammy out of the bushes? I bet Jazzy will be waiting for her pup Shy. She’s obviously a bit of a tracker. 😉
    You’ll all be in the front of my mind tomorrow. Sending you all the strength I can for you to make it through.

Leslie

Leslie,
    Oh my God, I can’t stop crying. I think you are right about Jazz, I still feel her around me sometimes. I believe she will be waiting for Shy. Thanks for your comfort.
    Elizabeth

Elizabeth – Shy is the luckiest dog in the world to have you as a Mom. I’m so sorry and sick for you. This decision, no matter how right, is an awful one to have to make. You are her shepherd, and she knows it. I’ll be thinking of you.

We’re so sorry, but please remember what a great life you all had together.

Rhonda and Lincoln

4. tatespeeps said:

Praying for you, Elizabeth.

Jan

5. krun15 said:

Elizabeth,
    I know how hard it hits when you realize you have reached the end. You have made a hard choice- but you said it yourself: my girl seems to be telling me she doesn’t want it this way. Shy is making the decision, you are helping her.
    She has had a beautiful life with you. She is going ahead to a more beautiful place, and will be there waiting for you.
    Karen

6. Sooz said:

My heart is breaking for you. I’m so sorry you have to go through this. But you are right to hear what she is saying. I pray for your peace of mind and that you will find comfort in her memory.

7. Dakota Dawg said:

Elizabeth,

I know it’s small comfort to you now, but one of the nicest things I think you can say about someone is that they are not selfish. You, dear Elizabeth, are not selfish. You are putting your girl’s needs before your own desires. You are an angel, Elizabeth, for all you do (and have done) for your dogs.

If I lived close to you, I would go with you tomorrow and stay with you. I would talk to you about Shy, and I’d ask you to tell me stories about her. I can’t do that, but I hope that in the days to come you will tell all of us some of her stories. I’m sure you have a whole boxful of them, and you can honor her memory by sharing her with us that way. And then she will still be here, in all of our hearts.

God bless, Elizabeth. I will think of you and your pack and keep you all in my prayers.

Shari

8. samson007 said:

Elizabeth,
    You will be in our thoughts tommorow. Sending you strength and comfort.

I am reading your thoughts and holding on to them like a lifeline, some ship far out at sea, and all I have is this rope.
    Thanks for throwing me this rope, I am not letting go.
    Elizabeth

10. Ginger said:

Elizabeth, we are so sorry to hear about Shy’s continued problems. We are thinking about and praying for all of you. May you and Shy both find peace. We know that Jazzy and many Tripawds will welcome her in heaven.

elizabeth, we’re holding shy in our thoughts and in our hearts. it’s so hard to let go, but you are giving her a selfless gift by allowing her to transition on to her next adventure. love never ends.

charon & gayle

12. cometdog said:

Oh Elizabeth!
    My heart really aches for you! I’m so sorry that the meds didn’t work for Shy.

I offer my love and support as you go through this.

Please find comfort in knowing that letting Shy go with dignity and peace and knowing that her mental pain is over is best for her. She will no longer be in fear. She can rest.

I’m so sorry.

If you need anything, please don’t hesitate to ask.

HUGS with love,
    Ge’Lena

13. Indiana's mom said:

My dear Elizabeth, I just saw your post and my heart is breaking for you. I sit here in tears and feel your heartache. Your sweet Shy was greeted by so many angels and my Indiana was right at the front door guiding her in (on his birthday). Shy will always be a part of you and live gently in your heart. You loved her very much, and she felt your love. It is because you loved her very much…you let her go on her eternal journey filled with much peace and love… Thinking of you and your family with love and prayers…
    Hugs and Indy kisses,