I was outside this snowy morning playing with my brother Titan and my sister Shy.  I started to wonder as I watched them do their thing, why doesn’t their legs come off?  Why doesn’t their butts blow up?  Is there something special about me?

I looked out past the fences to the other dogs in the neighborhood.  I have never compared myself to anyone before, it just never occurred to me.  But now that I see things that I see, why do I have to take so many more pills then my brother and sister?  Why does it take so much longer to get my dinner ready then anyone else’s?

It isn’t in my nature to judge anyone, we are all just dogs, we only smell a little differently from each other.  That being said, here is a picture of my brother and sister hanging out with me this morning.  Do you see what I see?

I see two dogs, (both adopted, not like me) both blondish red, both have all their legs, and neither one of their butts have exploded.  I think mom and I are going to have to have a talk.  Am I special?  My 6 month ampuversary is coming up, mom says, in just a couple of days.  Maybe, if I am special like I think maybe I am, something special will happen on that day… I don’t want anything else blowing up or falling off, hopefully something special in a good way.

Maybe mom and I can check something off our bucket list!  A non flying slow bird perhaps?  I don’t know, what do you think?

9 Responses to “Hey, I was wondering, am I special?”

Sammy, Sammy, Sammy. Of COURSE you are special. Butt-exploding tripawdness aside, there’s absolutely no one else like you.

“Why compare yourself with others? No one in the entire world can do a better job of being you than you.”

How’s that for a quote?

And here’s some things Riley and Catie would like to add to that bucket list, Sammy:

Temperatures above -36C – from Riley and Catie who have been housebound all week

Slow-moving rabbits – Riley and Catie, especially Riley

🙂 In anticipation of your special day, we’ll be having pre-ampuversary treats this evening.

Love it Caties mom!! Slow moving rabbits, perfect 🙂
    My crew has been housebound too, but thank goodness it is warmer here than that!
    Good luck in keeping everyone entertained,
    your friend in Washington,
    Elizabeth and Sammy

3. Fearless Leader A.M.B.F Cooper said:

Sammy you know it! You are one of the most special dogs in the whole world! Us dogs that have had legs fall off and butts explode just have a little more insight into doglife than our brothers and sisters that lead ordinary lives. You just keep on being special! Cooper and I look forward to hearing all about your 6 month celebration, Coops 4 month is tomorrow!!

sammy, don’t doubt how special you are, and how good it is to be special. a wonderful nap with your mom, an extra treat when nobody else is watching, a nice snuggle with your brother and sister – that’s special!!!

we’re so happy to see a picture of shy, she looks so much like our sister jane looked, they definitely are related spiritually!!! enjoy your moments, and take an extra nap on us!!!

gayle & charon

5. daisy2010 said:

Tripawds all rise above the common, that makes you super special and one of the few elite 🙂
    Wishing you a warm sunbeam streaming in through the window onto a comfy bed where you can take an uninterupted afternoon nap.
    Treats all around!

6. admin said:

No doubt, most special indeed.

Thanks guys, I guess it is good to be special then!
    Coops dad, congrats on the 4 month ampuversary! That is wonderful 🙂
    Charon, sweet girls like Shy and Jane are wonderful.
    Admin, thank you!
    And Daisy, it sounds like a dream, sunbeams and naps, I like it!
    Elizabeth and Sammy

8. jack crowder said:

Sammy, Dude, only certain dogs can be Tripawds. I’ve only known our Tripawd friends for about 2 years. Without exception, every Tripawd I’ve met has an amazing love of life. They are also great teachers and friends. The Tripawds I’ve had the honor to hang with are also very brave and they have the ability to touch peoples hearts and souls just by being yourself.

Sometimes I think Tripawds get kinda upset with their peeps because hard as we try, we just don’t get it. We try to live in the day, but we are not as wise as you so we have trouble with that one. We think to far ahead and we worry about making everything just right for you, instead of watching and listening to what you say to us.

Yes Sammy, you are very special and we thank you for everything you do for us. Don’t give up on us, someday we’ll get it.

the chauffeur

Jack,
    That is very profound! Maybe mom will pick up on that eventually. I have been working hard on her… 🙂