HOME » NEWS » BLOGS » FORUMS » CHAT » YOUR PRIVACY » RANDOM BLOG

Four months, a peaceful day

December 30, 2010

It has been a long holiday season.  As a family we drove to Sequim, Washington to go visit my Grandmother, her mother, my uncle Dean and aunt Adriene, and my cousins, as well as my moms aunt.  We had a great time, I played really well with my cousin Sky!  After a meal and some good pets from all we drove all the way home, it was a LONG time in the car.

I have helped mom with decorating and being well behaved when we had friends over.  I have been the best boy a mom could have!  After my last chemo party it took a couple of days but I finally am ready to run and play again.  Now, today, it is my day.  Mom says it is a day to celebrate me because 4 months ago today I started this new part of my life, the part where I lost my leg but began my fight against cancer.

We are celebrating today with a movie and some good snuggle time.  Last night it snowed and froze to the ground so doing anything outside would be silly even though I have tons of energy and I am really interested in doing something fun.  I do love it when mom and I snuggle up on the floor in front of the couch and curl up together like little lima beans.  I make funny grunting noises  which sound a little bit like chewbacca from “star wars” and thump my tail almost non-stop.  Mom and I are going to squish together and she will wrap her arms around me and settle in for a good cry watching a doggy love story.  I wonder if we can find “my dog tulip” ? It looks like it would be perfect for this kind of morning.

Later on today mom plans on doing some indoor ball throwing with me, and some seek and find stuff.  I LOVE that!  It sounds like it is going to be a perfect  way to celebrate my special day.  Me and my mom, just being together on a peaceful winter day.

10 Responses to “Four months, a peaceful day”

congrats on your ampuversary!!! sounds like you have a perfect day planned – we are so glad you are feeling better (that chemo can be a stealer of joy). big hugs to you and your mom, enjoy your snuggling!

charon & gayle

thanks Charon,
    Big hugs back!
    Elizabeth and Sammy

3. kenmoresmom said:

Time for a pawry! Congrats to you both for kicking butt!
    mandy & Kenmore (dog kisses)

Congratulations, Sammy. Can’t think of a better way to celebrate your day than squishing with your mom.

5. admin said:

Snuggle time is a good thing. Cheers! 🙂

Yippeee yip yip Sammy-
    You are feeling better, kicking that cancer, having a great life with such a loving mom!
    Who could ask for more?
    Congrats on the ampuversary,
    your Auntie Deborah

Thanks Kenmoresmom and CatiesMom! It was a great day.

I am sending hugs to you Auntie Deborah :0)

8. nstephenson said:

Sammy! Congratulations to you! Sadly, James has passed on. But I am here to wish you a wonderful new year!

Nancy (James’ Mom)

Oh my gosh Nancy, I am so sorry :(. I sent you a pm this morning but I want to say that James was a treasure, a wonderful boy. Thank you for trying to be upbeat, but I can only imagine how devistated you are. He has a special place in my heart and I hope you know that you do too. This is a place where friendships form quickly, because it is kind of like the military. We count on each other to help us through the battle. So many hugs I am sending your way. If you want to talk I can send you my number or e-mail address.
    Elizabeth

10. wyattraydawg said:

Hey dude, congrats! Nothing like chillin’ on a winter’s day.

Indoor ball throwing?

I thought Mom always said, “Don’t play ball in the house”????