I had another party today!

October 8, 2010

It was so cool!  Mom and I got in the car and headed off to another party day.  I was excited because last time we had a party I met Lincoln, I was so hoping he was going to be there today too.  I’ve been thinking about my buddy, I wonder if he smells as good as he did when I met him?  What a great dog.
We went for awhile in the car and I couldn’t sit still because the thought of seeing my buddy had me so hopped up.  I whined and looked out the window and smelled the air all the way until we got to where we were going.  I was going to memorize all the smells so I would know where I was going next time, and maybe even find my way back.  My tail wagged non-stop!  Every time mom stopped the car when other cars stopped I wondered if we were there yet.  I wasn’t going to relax until we got to where the party was.  How exciting!

When mom finally did back the car in I thought I did recognize this place.  I don’t think this is where we saw Lincoln, but I am sure I have been here before.   Mom got me out of the car and we sniffed and hopped all over as it started to come back to me.  This is where I first met my friends JD’s mom and Dr. Pam!

YAY!  Mom saw that it hit me where we were, when I got that sparkle in my eye and bum-rushed the front door.  Inside I said hi to the people at the desk and got on the scale with no problems at all.  One of the girls from the desk came over and scrubbed me and pulled a bunch of fur off me.  She told mom that I needed a “furminator”.  Mom got a funny look on her face and said to her, “this isn’t the first time I have heard that”.  The girl said she had one right there and came over and brushed and brushed me.  Pretty soon there was a huge pile of my fur on the floor next to us.  So mom looked at me and said that she would be picking me up one real soon.  I don’t think I need it though..

We went into the back room where we had the party last time and this new girl came in and greeted me badly.  Mom has always told me that I can’t stick my nose in people’s crotches, that it isn’t nice, so why do these girls get away with this stuff?  It isn’t nice either!  It was a great temp the lady said and she left the room.  Mom sat on the floor with me petting and holding my head.   The next thing I knew there was Dr. Pam!  Hi Dr.!  I said hello very happily to her and thumped my tail in greeting.  She got down on the floor with me and petted me all over.  I love parties.  A few minutes went by and Dr. Pam told me she was going to give me something for my upset tummy.  I was thinking that was funny because I felt just fine when she reached over and pinched me!  OW!  Super not cool Dr.  I told her with my yelp.  I gave her a couple of dirty looks but she rubbed my fur and told me she was sorry so I guess I have to let it go.  I was thinking for a minute that I should be a little more on the fence about her in case she turns into a vet…

JD’s mom showed up, YAY again!  I was laying back on the floor with mom and Dr. and was very surprised to see her walk through the door.  I immediately got up and tried to rub myself all over her.  She said she is wearing her work clothes and can’t get dog fur on her, so I made sure that I leaned against her hands only.  Every once in a while I leaned in for some real affection but mostly I kept my fur to myself.

The party was over pretty quickly even though Dr. said she was slowing down the speed in which I got the chemo to see if it helped with my tummy.  I swear I feel great so I don’t know what that is all about but I was glad to see everyone in back too.   Dr. told my mom that I was very nice to everyone in back and she gave me extra treats!  I am very nice for sure.

Eventually JD’s mom went away again and mom and I ended up saying bye to Dr. and headed back to the car.  I was asleep before I knew it and didn’t wake up until mom opened my car door.  I am so glad to be home.  Now I am laying in the last of the sunshine mom says, it is supposed to rain for the next week.  So I lay here and watch dad out on the tractor.   I feel I am feeling just fine.

11 Responses to “I had another party today!”

Oh Sammy, I think I know how that girl greeted you. NOT COOL.

I’m so glad you got to see Dr. Pam and JD’s Mom. Lucky dog!

We’re thinking of you and hoping that you make it through the next couple of days with flying colors.

Lincoln’s Mom and your BFF Lincoln

2. wyattraydawg said:

Sammy, sorry you had to put up with that rude greeting, but hey at least you got to see Dr. Pam ad JD’s Mom, how totally cool!

Feel good, be strong and get out there and splash in the rain my friend. Rock on!

3. anyemery said:

Hi Sammy! What’s up with people who greet you like that? I hate it when they do that! And I remember getting some of those pinches – how is that supposed to help our tummies? My tummy used to feel bad when I was getting chemo, so I know what you’re talking about. I hope you feel better, and that the next few weeks are pawsome for you! We’re keeping all paws crossed for you, Sammy! (I’m making my little sister Zuzu cross her paws for you even though she’s a monkey butt)
    Hugs,
    Holly Jolly By Golly

4. Mackenzie's Mom said:

Wow sounds like you had another great pawty with all of your special friends! So nice that you got to see JD’s mom and Dr. Pam again. I hope this next round of chemo is easier on you. Sounds like you’re off to a good start (remember, this is the time to really milk it with the treats and the people food.) We’ll be keeping our paws crossed for you Sammy!!

sammy, you just bring the sunshine with you where ever you go!! other than the ‘butt thing’, sounds like you had a great experience at your party. rest up, sometimes the chemo stuff hits you a few days later (yikes i don’t like remembering those days…). oh, and like mackenzie says, milk it with the treats and people food – you’ve earned it!! finally, don’t hesitate to continue with the medicinal napping!!

gayle

6. Chloes mom said:

Chloe doesn’t like those kind of greetings either…We are glad you got to see your good friends again, makes up for the other part! We hope you continue to thrive Sammy!

Chloe’s mom

You guys are the best! Thanks for every good thought. I guess they were right about my tummy. I don’t feel like eating or drinking today. I just want feel like lying here and smelling the candles and forgetting this day happened. Maybe it will be better later. It’s raining hard so who needs today anyway..
    Sammy and Mom

8. jackie evancho said:

Sometimes it is very useful and interesting to add a video to post, that makes your imagination process much more clear.

Hey Sammy my friend,

Hang in there buddy, remember last time? In a couple of days you will forget about all this and be romping with your pack and enjoying yourself again. Although, just hanging out and smelling candles on a rainy day doesn’t sound so bad!!!
    Your friend, Spirit JD’s mom

10. Ginger said:

Sammy, that was just rude! Why do some people insist on greeting you that way? Oh well, it sounds like you recovered quickly and had a good time – or at least as good a time as you can have with a chemo treatment. I hope your tummy feels better by the time you read this. I think it usually takes 2-3 days to get feeling better. Keep your thoughts pawsitive!

Your fried,
    Ginger

11. Fortisdad said:

I’m glad your vet party went well Sammy.I would love to have Dr. Pam as my vet. And since I don’t shed I would have been right up in JD’s mom’s lap. Sorry about the poke thing 🙂
    I hope your tummy is feeling better by now. Like the others have said……milk it baby! Lincoln and I are pros at it if you need any pointers.

Keep up the good work,